1/2 cup or 8 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1.5 cup all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
zest from 1 lemon & 1 orange
1.5 cups fruit loops
Powdered sugar (for dusting)
1. Preheat oven 350 deg. Celsius. Line 12 muffin cups.
2. Using mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add in sugar and continue to cream for 5 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time followed by vanilla, mixing well.
3. In medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into butter mixture alternating with milk in 3 batches (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour). Add in orange and lemon zest to batter.
4. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup and sprinkle top with generous amount of cereal.
5. Bake 20-25 min. until cupcakes are puffed and firm in centre, light and golden brown on the edges.
6. Cool for 10 min. before dusting with powdered sugar.
Tried and tested from http://www.thecrepesofwrath.com/2009/02/19/froot-loop-cupcakes/